Skip to main content

Sympathy Roses

Hello, everyone, Rachel here today. It kinda stinks, but I had to start out my new year with a sympathy card. It's a part of life, I suppose, but it's definitely not fun. I wanted something simple, but striking, so I used my very favorite Splendid Roses stamp set and came up with this.


I know, the sentiment's a little crooked, but I think it gives it character, so I left it. Besides, I really didn't want to do all that coloring again!

I started by stamping the roses to cover my panel and then used my Copics to color them all. When coloring white, I use my Warm Grays to color the roses and then used my Cool Grays to create a halo around them. It really helps to make the images pop out from the white cardstock. I wanted to keep the colors muted, so I used some dark Yellow Greens for my greenery. I cut a circle from the panel and removed it before adhering the panel to a card base. I used the same die to cut a circle from white cardstock and heat embossed my sentiment in gold embossing powder.

Now here's where I screwed up. I used foam tape to adhere my new circle into the circle that I had removed. I should have just removed a little backing before adhering it so I could line it up well, but I removed it all and just plopped it down. Oops! I'm sure the recipient won't care that the sentiment is a little wonky. After all, it's the thought that counts, right?

Thanks for joining me today!




Comments

  1. Absolutely gorgeous sympathy card, Rachel! I love how you created shadows on the roses and I think your sentiment is perfect...no worries about that, for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. ...

It's Heidi on the blog today

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well!  Today I have my third and last guest design post for you all.  For this fun and colorful card I stamped one of the pretty flowers from the “Grace’s Little Note” stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations with Memento’s “Rich Cocoa” ink on Copic friendly paper. After coloring all of the flowers with my Copic Markers I used a black Copic Multiliner 0.3 on the hearts of the flowers and created some white lines on the flowers and the leaves to make them more interesting to look at, using a white Gelly Roll pen.   The background was created very easily by stamping one of the sentiments from the “Grace’s Little Note’s” stamp set repeatedly on some crème coloured linen textured card stock. The same sentiment was used on the vellum part with black ink. If you would like to know more about how I made this card and what exact colours I used then you can go over to my website for more details: http://www. mak...
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed i...