Skip to main content

Less than 10 minutes card!


Hello!

Erica back on the blog today, probably still suffering a post-Valentine's Day sugar rush. I'm not much for celebrating Va-Da unless it involves chocolate or cake. I'd be lying if I said I would turn down a diamond but we are not big Va-Da people here. Va-Da is short and hip for Valentine's Day, don't'cha know? No? Maybe that sugar rush is making me say cray-cray things...

Right, so a card. That's what y'all are here for? Ok, then, let's get to it. It's gonna be short and sweet today (no, for real this time) as this card is super quick and simple. There is no colouring, just a quick stamping and diecutting and some adhesives and bam!



Using Kraft card stock I had laying around in a very convenient size, I grabbed my stunning Sweet Rose stamp as well as VersaMark ink and my trusted anti-static tool. Oh and my Mini-MISTI. Placing the stamp slightly off the piece of card stock, I dusted generously with the anti-static tool before inking it up with VersaMark. After stamping, I sprinkled clear embossing powder on it and set it with my heat tool. It's such a simple technique and the results are gorgeous. Next I stamped the sentiment 'Happy Birthday' from the same set on the bottom of the panel. The same routine was done here as with the flower: first anti-static tool, second VersaMark ink and third gold embossing powder.

The other card stock pieces are also bits I had lying around, another reason this card was so quick! Layering these with foam tape and double sided tape creates different heights and dimensions. As a final few touches I added a label with diecut numbers in sparkly gold card stock, 70 for my mother's birthday later this year as well as a twine ribbon bow. And no card of mine is complete without a few sequins, right? Yeah, you guys know me so well, don't you? A few from Pink Champagne did the trick.

And that, my friends, was it. This card was so quick to put together thanks to all the bits and pieces I have laying around, I'm really making an effort to use all those ready cut bits before cutting up new ones. Worked out quite well here, didn't it?








Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the week!

Hugs from Erica

Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

  1. Erica, you are HILARIOUS but your card is seriously Gorgeous! For REAL! LOL
    An absolutely beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I'm glad you find me funny and not completely crazy. Sorry this reply is so late, I'm so behind with keeping up with comments...!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully done!! Love all your fabulous touches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it! I'm rather pleased that not every single card I make takes two days to finish 😆

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som