Skip to main content

Soft Pink Love card


Hello and welcome February! Where did you come from?! January just rushed past in a bit of a whirlwind for me to be honest, at times I didn't even know what day of the week it was!

It's Erica on the blog today by the way, hey hey hello! I'm bringing in romance with a really soft, feminine card. Valentine's Day is coming up, rather rapidly too and it's never a bad idea to prepare ahead.

This card is super simple and quick too, win-win right? Not to worry, it's also got a personal feel to it with the sentiment and cut out word 'love' adding a romantic look to it. If you are a Gal-entine's Day kind of girl, you can swap out the word 'love' for 'friend'.



To begin with, I cut out a square of water colour card stock. The next step was to pick out distress ink colours and I choose Spun Sugar for my pink flowers and Bundled Sage for the leaves. I placed the card stock in my Mini MISTI and placed the stamp, the lovely Splendid Roses, where I wanted it. To avoid mixing the inks too much, I used a small piece of card stock to wipe off any excess ink in places where I didn't want it to go. It took a few tries so thank goodness for the MISTI!

Once I thought I had enough ink on my panel, I used a small paint brush and some water to gently blend the colours from the lines. I wanted a really soft look so it didn't take much water. This technique can take a bit of practice before you get the results you want, but just hang in there. It's fun to practice and it's important to remember that it might look really rubbish during the process. Don't give up, just keep at it!

When I liked what I saw, I set the piece aside to dry and started working on my card base and the frame for the front. I cut out a stitched rectangle frame using Lawn Fawn dies in a whitewashed pink card stock. The word 'love' was cut out in the same card stock. Matching cardstock is another recent obsession. As is layering cut out words, to make them pop a little more. For the 'shadow' bit I cut out another 'love' piece and glued these two together.
















After I had put it all together I grabbed some sequins from the Rainbow Sherbet. Now, I say "some" but really, I kinda went nuts with them and added loads! Oh well, it's for a romantic occasion, so sue me... (not really though, I need my money to spend on crafty stuff! 😜)

I don't make a lot of square cards nowadays but maybe I should try and break that habit. This turned out ok, didn't it? This will be my only contribution before Valentine's Day itself, but if you need inspiration, the design team here at Kennedy Grace Creations never fail to deliver so pop back and check out what the team come up with. We also have some new designers joining us so keep an eye out and make them feel as welcome as you have me.
















Big hugs from Erica

Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som