Skip to main content

Sweet Baby Cards


Hi everyone, Heidi on the blog today! For today’s post I created a set of cards using the ubercute Kennedy Grace Creations “Sweet Baby Mine” stamp set.


These cards can be gifted, one to congratulate someone when they found out that they are (finally) pregnant and one when the baby is born, or, in my case, one card is for the parents-to-be and one is for the grandmother-to-be. When people find out that they are pregnant they usually don’t tell everyone if it will be a boy or a girl (or maybe they don’t know themselves yet or they don’t want to know what the gender is) so I used gender neutral colours.


To get the first card started I stamped the little giraffe from the Sweet Baby Mine stamp set on some Copic friendly paper with Memento “Tuxedo Black” ink. For my Copic (Sketch) colours I choose: E42 / E44 / E59 / E89 / YR30 / YR23 / YR14 / Y38 / YR27 / B91 / N1 / N2 / C4 / G40 / G12 / G43 / G94 and YG97. After the colouring was dry I fussy cut the image out with my Fiskars scissors and put it aside.

For my background I die cut a stitched rectangle in the size I wanted from some double sided paper (one side dark yellow and the other side dark brown) and used a cutting technique called “Lacé” (you can read more about this technique here). I used the Lacé cutting mould number 8 for this card. When the cutting was done I splattered on some FineTec Pearl Colors in “Chocolate” and “Mint” and set the panel aside to dry.


For my mat I die cut a slightly larger rectangle in a light mint green colour and for my base card I choose a matching dark brown, linen textured card base. Next I started working on the sentiment. The sentiment on this card, translated in English, says “Congratulations on your pregnancy” (I used a Dutch sentiments stamp set from Joy Crafts (number 6410/0021) for this).
I stamped two stamps from this stamp set onto some vellum with Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Then I used the biggest die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set to cut the sentiment out.

And then it’s time to put this card together: I glued the Lacé panel and the mint green rectangle panel together with liquid glue and placed the little giraffe on their using one millimetre thick foam tape. Next I positioned the sentiment banner slipping it under one of the flaps on the left hand side and wrapping it around the two panels on the right hand side adhering the banner in some places with Crafter’s Companion see true tape runner.
To finish this first card I adhered these panels to the base card with one millimetre thick foam tape.


My second card is a little bit more dimensional because the double sided card stock I used is a little thicker and not all of the folds stay flat, but that’s okay. I used the same Lacé cutting technique but with a different mould: number 23 (it created shapes that made me think of hearts) and I used double sided paper that is more crème coloured on one side and terra cotta on the other side.

I stamped the same giraffe on some Strathmore “Bristol Smooth Surface” paper with Versafine “Onyx Black” ink and I clear heat embossed afterwards. For colouring the image I used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in the colours: Light Brown / Brown / Pale Green / Mid Green / Olive Green / Light Gray / Blue Gray / Brick Beige and Haze Blue. For the splatters I used FineTech Pearl Colors in “Inka Gold” and “Bronze”.

For the sentiment on this second card I used one of the sentiments that come in the Kennedy Grace Creations “Sweet Baby Mine” stamp set. I stamped it on some black card stock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Ranger”White” super fine detail embossing powder. I cut a banner from this sentiment with the middle sized die in the Lawn Fawn “Everyday Sentiment Banners” die set.


And then it’s time to put this card together: I adhered the Lacé panel onto a slightly larger light olive green rectangle die cut panel with liquid glue, adhering the cute giraffe to the panel with 3 millimetre thick foam tape and the sentiment with one millimetre thick foam tape (wrapping the right hand side onto the back and adhering with regular tape. These combined panels are adhered to a light crème coloured, linen textured, card base.

And that’s it for today’s cards! Hope you enjoyed and until the next time, have a creative day!




Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som