Skip to main content

Thank You Friend

Hello, everyone! Rachel here again with another clean and simple card.


I started this card by creating the card base. I knew that I wanted to color my rose in yellow, so I chose a yellow card stock and then used my Geometric embossing folder to give it some fun texture. I set that aside and cut out a Stitched Hexagon from some white cardstock. I used my MISTI to help me stamp my floral image on top of the hexagon and then used my Copics to color it in.

Yellows - Y08, Y04, Y00, and Y000
Greens - YG17, YG13, and YG01
Gray Halo - C3, C1, and C00
Orange/Brown centers - YR27, YR24, YR21

I used foam tape to adhere my hexagon to the embossed base. (Just a note, it can be difficult to adhere anything to an embossed piece, but I find that foam tape and double-sided tape are wonderful for this!) Then I turned to my sentiment. I cut a banner from a piece of black cardstock and stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in white. I used foam tape on the sides that do not overlap my hexagon and used multi-medium matte adhesive to adhere the flaps and the portion that overlaps my hexagon. (That was to keep the banner flat since the hexagon is already popped up with its own foam tape.)

That's it! I hope you enjoyed my card today and thanks for stopping by!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Heidi on the blog today

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well!  Today I have my third and last guest design post for you all.  For this fun and colorful card I stamped one of the pretty flowers from the “Grace’s Little Note” stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations with Memento’s “Rich Cocoa” ink on Copic friendly paper. After coloring all of the flowers with my Copic Markers I used a black Copic Multiliner 0.3 on the hearts of the flowers and created some white lines on the flowers and the leaves to make them more interesting to look at, using a white Gelly Roll pen.   The background was created very easily by stamping one of the sentiments from the “Grace’s Little Note’s” stamp set repeatedly on some crème coloured linen textured card stock. The same sentiment was used on the vellum part with black ink. If you would like to know more about how I made this card and what exact colours I used then you can go over to my website for more details: http://www. mak...

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. ...
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed i...