Skip to main content

Hello there!



Hello, Erica on the blog today with 2 cards. Before we get to them I wanted to tell you about a little something fun that is happening right now!

For the month of November there is a really fun colouring challenge over on both Facebook and Instagram called The Daily Marker 30 Day hosted by a wonderful lady called Kathy Racoosin. The concept is that you colour something every day, even if it's just 10 minutes. It is brilliant for both your creativity and your sanity. There are also lots of fun giveaways and support, encouragement and inspiration!

If you are a Facebook person, go look for 'The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge'. It is a closed group so you will need to wait until you get approved but the group already has over 400 members. If you prefer Instagram, use the hashtag #thedailymarker30day when you upload your pictures. I'll be on Instagram so those of you who prefer that platform, I'll see you there!

Right, so now that I have covered all that, it's time to focus on the cards I made. I hadn't planned on making two actually but was on a bit of a roll so I went with it. I started out by cutting out a stitched rectangle in Copic friendly cardstock and decided to use one of the sweet little flowers from Grace's Happy Heart. All along the bottom of the panel I stamped the flower, I did need to use a mask for some parts but if you think that's too much hassle, simply stamp the flowers without overlapping each other. The actual coloring I kept very simple, green shades of Copics for the stems and leaves as well as soft yellows for the actual flowers. It looked a bit like it needed a little something else so I used a
very soft shade of green to add a bit of a 'grass look' at the bottom.

I'm usually all for stamping a sentiment but today I decided to use a die cut saying 'hello there' and to make it pop a little I cut it out of polka dot patterned paper. I cut out a background in the same patterned paper to coordinate. The sentiment looked a little flat so I cut out the same sentiment in funfoam too. Instead of gluing it on directly on the foam, I put it on slightly off-centre to create a shadow. Now, somepeople would stop there but not me. No Siree! This girl goes to town almost every time! I added some sequins from the Kindness Medley because they just fit my colour schemeso well. Now, after going down the sequin route some people would stop there, but again, not me! My latest obsession, enamel accents that is for those who have missed it, got put to use too. Now, where it comes to this I will admit that maybe I should have stopped before I did. I went to town and then kept going... Oh well! (PS not sure what's happened here but I couldn't fix it as I'm rather useless with technology...)

Because I was on a roll, I decided to make another one because I liked the first one so much. I picked another flower from the same stamp set and stamped much like the first one. This one needed another colour though, I actually picked out the patterned paper first and then the Copic markers based on that. For the sequins I decided on Vintage Tea Cup but went white with the funfoam.
























Well, that's it from me today but I do hope that you will join in the fun with the colouring challenge. The stamps from Kennedy Grace Creations are a dream to colour if you love flower stamp, like I do.



Happy coloring!

Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

  1. Isn't it great to see so many participating in the Challenge Kathy started? It's so fun to check out other's colouring and get new ideas. Your work is so pretty. Thanks for giving me new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to see so many participating in the Challenge Kathy started? It's so fun to check out other's colouring and get new ideas. Your work is so pretty. Thanks for giving me new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome Bunny! Thank you for stopping. Come back and see us again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som