Skip to main content

Distress Oxide fun


Hi, hi, hello!

Erica on the blog with another super simple, but rather eye-catching, card.

Recently I got the second lot of Distress Oxide inks and ooooh, that Picked Raspberry... L-O-V-E!! Well, I simply had to use it on several projects right away because #lovepink, am I right?

Getting a piece of smooth water colour card stock out, as well as arming myself with Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet and Fossilized Amber in the Distress Oxide inks too because options. Right-o, I basically went to town with blending and adding colour as I wanted the background really, REALLY vivid. Once I was happy it was colourful enough, I spritzed some water drops on it and lifted that off with a piece of kitchen roll. To hurry up the drying process, I used my heat gun on it until it was bone dry so I could run it through my Big Shot with a stitched die.

Then it was time to add images and sentiments. As my plan was to heat emboss the image in white on vellum I picked the one I think makes the biggest splash on its own: Beautiful Bloom-Sweet Rose. Before stamping it up, I made sure to use my anti-static tool all over the vellum to avoid those pesky little sticky bits where you don't want them. Once it was set with my heat gun I set it aside for a minute to cool down. This one I also die cut with a smaller size of the stitched dies to add some detailing.

For the sentiment I used one from the Kind Soul stamp set from WPlus9 'You have a kind and beautiful soul' and this I stamped in Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink on pale grey card stock.

Adhering the vellum to the card base I used a vellum friendly double sided tape but I think this tape is a bit of an overachiever as it still does show through a bit. Finally I added the banner with the sentiment with thin foam tape to raise it up just a tad and with that, the card is done!

I hope you like it and if you are on the fence about the Distress Oxide inks, I'd say get them. They blend like butter and are so much smoother than the original Distress inks. Start small if you still aren't convinced.

Happy crafting from Erica




Comments

  1. this is so pretty, i haven't ventured to the oxides yet, but you mare making me think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, One of my fav color combinations with the oxides Fantastic job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Heidi on the blog today

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well!  Today I have my third and last guest design post for you all.  For this fun and colorful card I stamped one of the pretty flowers from the “Grace’s Little Note” stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations with Memento’s “Rich Cocoa” ink on Copic friendly paper. After coloring all of the flowers with my Copic Markers I used a black Copic Multiliner 0.3 on the hearts of the flowers and created some white lines on the flowers and the leaves to make them more interesting to look at, using a white Gelly Roll pen.   The background was created very easily by stamping one of the sentiments from the “Grace’s Little Note’s” stamp set repeatedly on some crème coloured linen textured card stock. The same sentiment was used on the vellum part with black ink. If you would like to know more about how I made this card and what exact colours I used then you can go over to my website for more details: http://www. mak...

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. ...
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed i...