Skip to main content

Tis the Season...to make Christmas Cards!!

Don't these colors just ooooze Christmas?
                          Using Kennedy Grace Creations November's Mood Board I made my card.

Taking my Neenah 110 lb paper cut at 4.25 by 5.5 inches, I put it through my Xyron Creative Station to put adhesive completely on one side of the thick cardstock. I started with Cosmic Shimmer Egyptian Gold Gilding Flakes, picking up some of the deeper golds, and red flakes to make it match the gorgeous mood board above.  As you can see in my picture, I put some of the silver flakes aside and added all reminding flakes back into the jar. Once the flakes were covering the entire piece, I began smoothing and buffing the front with a Swifter Sweeper Dry Sweeping cloth. I cut one sheet in half to make it easier to use. I buffed it all out being careful to not push down too hard but only used a buffing motion until I got the shiney piece you see now.


  I stamped the Kennedy Grace Creations Grace's Little Note bouquet onto the same Neenah cardstock. Copics I used were the deeper reds: R59, R39, and a touch of RV19, as well as YG97, YG95, YG93. Fussy cutting the flower out, I then used my Xyron to add the adhesive again to the back.

For the front sentiment, I liked using Paper Smooches Merry Christmas die.  I cut it in two colors of white, and a deep red. I then adhered both layers together and added both the flower bouquet and the sentiment to the front. I added Wink of Stella in Glitter Gloss to th Merry Christmas sentiment to add more sparkle! Viola! Simple and yet stunning to see in person!



I loved using the gilding to bring a festive feel to my holiday greeting card. Hope this inspires you to try some of the products I showcased today and thank you for visiting ua today!
Yours truly,
Beverly
You can find this post on my Blog, Beverly Jordan blog, as well, today! 


Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blog, facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our great stamp sets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Team Call

Hello Crafty and Cardmaking Friends! Kennedy Grace Creations is super excited to announce our second ever Design Team (DT) Call!!!
We are looking for crafty DT members that are creative, kind, reliable, energetic, hardworking and passionate about stamping, diecutting, cardmaking & paper crafting! Must also be active on various social media sites (FB and/or IG) and have a current crafty blog. 
 The DT members will be asked to create three projects per month. Products must showcase the Kennedy Grace product line and creations can be any sort of paper craft. I.e.; handmade cards, postcards, albums, journals, boxes, etc.
Design Team Requirements
•   Must love Kennedy Grace Products. We are a company that produces clear photopolymer stamps, creative dies, and sequins. (Bonus if you're a floral and sequin lover, as that is what our brand focuses on!)
•   Have the ability to meet tri-monthly deadlines.
•   Have active Social Media (Instagram &/or Facebook and an active blog mandatory) …

Matching Poinsettia Card and Tag

Rachel here today with a card featuring a peek at a future set.


I decided to create a matching card and tag set to use this Christmas season. The Poinsettias are gorgeous and so much fun to color!


Right now, these images are in digital format, so I arranged them in a Word document and then printed them out on some Neenah Solar White cardstock. I used my KGC stitched rectangle die to cut out the portion of the images that I wanted to use and then used my Copics to color them in and added shadows around them. I used my MISTI to line up my sentiment on top of my panel and then heat embossed in gold. I adhered my panel to a Fog Gray card base to add a little contrast.


Next up, I used a tag die to cut out another image for the front of my tag and then used the same process to color it in. I cut another tag from some white cardstock and then heat embossed my sentiment on it. I adhered the sentiment to the back of my poinsettia image to create a completed tag which also hid any bleeding from…

Counting Down!

Hi its Karen on the blog with you today.

I think I may be in denial about Christmas.  It just seems to be sneaking up very very fast.  I know I have loads to do and really need to get going. Hopefully posting this Christmas Ornament may just help. This super cute little image from Kennedy Grace Creations is such a joy to colour and even though he's a christmas critter I think he could be used all year round on projects.  I used a die cut from Frantic Stamper Inc to cut the ornament in very sparkly paper.  Then popped the image up on foam.  Added some silver twine and there you have a super cute and easy ornament to adorn the tree or a special gift tag.  I think these would look lovely against shiny white wrapping paper.

I know it looks huge in the photo but its approximately 2.5 x 2.5 inches in size.


Have a great day!
Karen xo

Love and Laughter,