Skip to main content

Splendid Birthday Roses



Jill here for Kennedy Grace Creations, welcoming you who know and love them, as well as those of you new to this product line and blog!  This month we have a gorgeous Mood Board with some of my favorite colors (see below).  My card, of course inspired by it, uses the stamp sets Splendid Roses and Beautiful Blooms - Sweet Rose for the sentiment.  I used 2 KGCs sequin mixes on my card, Cotton Candy and Enchanted Evening

This month, as soon as I saw the mood board I knew what I wanted to do.  I recently received the Splendid Roses stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations, and was itching to use it.  I also recently bought an Avery Elle cover die called Horizontal Stripes.  It has a lovely circle cut out in the middle of the stripes (perfect for my roses!).  The two in my mind were meant to be together.

February Mood Board
I first stamped the roses image onto a NSW 80# cardstock (superior for blending Copics) with Hero Arts Intense Black Ink.  I colored the images with my Copics (colors listed below) then lightly colored YR20 around the center background area, blending it softly out from the middle. Wanting a bit of sheen to my flowers, I decided to use a product fairly new to me, Ken Oliver Crafts Liquid Metal.  It comes out dropper style, so I used a paint brush and applied Metallic Rose to the roses and Metallic Jade to the leaves.  These did intensify the colors a bit and I wanted even more sheen, so after drying, I applied the Platinum color to the roses only.  This is pure sheen and beautiful! 
With my cover die cut in hand (NSW 110# cardstock) I wanted my roses to spill over the sides of the die cut circle a bit, so I lightly traced a circle larger than the cover die circle around my image and decided which areas were going to go beyond the circle.  Those areas I fussy cut out.

Next I placed some liquid adhesive on the back side of the cover die's circle to adhere my roses in the proper place.  Once adequately dry, I flipped the entire piece over and applied lots of 3M Scotch foam adhesive so that the cover die had some dimension and sturdiness over my white cardstock base.

Once adhered to the cardbase, I white heat-embossed the Happy Birthday sentiment from Beautiful Blooms- Sweet Rose using WOW! Super Fine, Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder on some black cardstock and cut it to size.  Wanting some sparkle on the card, I cut 2 strips of white prism glitter paper from my stash and placed one under the black sentiment banner and one along the bottom edge of my top folding card.  Lastly, I used some gorgeous sequins from Kennedy Grace Creations in pink and green tones from the Cotton Candy mix and the Enchanted Evening mix.
I really enjoyed making this card, and I hope you enjoyed it too!  I hope it inspires you in your next floral card adventure.


**I've linked all Kennedy Grace Creations products in the body of the blog to the store for your convenience.  If you like my card and want to see more, please visit my personal blog at www.jktayloredcards.com or Instagram for the most comprehensive collection of my cards and projects (jktaylor911).

Happy crafting my friends,
Jill

Products used:

Kennedy Grace Creations Products:  Splendid Rose and Beautiful Blooms- Sweet Rose stamps, Sequin Mixes Cotton Candy and Enchanted Evening.
Neenah Solar White cardstock 80#/110#
Hero Arts Intense Black Ink
Copic Sketch Markers RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06, R22, YG23, YG25, YG97 and YR20
Ken Oliver Crafts Liquid Metals in Metallic Rose, Metallic Jade, and Platinum
3M Scotch Foam Adhesive Tape
Versamark Ink
WOW! Embossing Powder in Opaque Bright White, Super Fine
White Prism Glitter paper
Black cardstock
Ranger Multi Medium Matte Liquid Adhesive


Please be sure to follow the Kennedy Grace Creations blog, facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest. Our Design Team has great projects to inspire you with our great stamp sets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som