Skip to main content

Kindness card

Hello,

Erica here with a quick card and a short post today. Not like me I know, but I am so tired these days as I'm adjusting to a ne gym routine and clean eating. Let me tell you, this healthy living stuff isn't for the faint-hearted...!

Let's get to business shall we? I have been on a bit of a roll with ink blending recently and I had an idea I wanted to try out which involved ink blending colours and stamping a flower on top. Kind of like reverse colouring, sort of. For this card I decided to use the Beautiful Bloom-Sunflower stamp because it also has a lovely sentiment about kindness which I wanted to use. November is usually a month of generosity and spreading kindness so it was a no-brainer really.

When I do ink blending I always use water colour paper, it just glides on so much easier than normal card stock/paper and if you want to splatter water droplets on it after to get that lovely dotty effect, it doesn't warp the paper either.

I picked out the colours I wanted to use and I stuck to quite traditional colours for this sunflower i.e. yellow for the petals, brown for the middle and green for the leaves and stem. The look I was after wasn't a "perfect" look so I just blended the colours roughly where I thought the outlines would be, flicked some water drops on top, let it dry and then stamped the image on top in black. Once the image was stamped on top I realised I had to add a little bit more green but that's ok. It was an experiment and it was fun to see where it was going. I also added a little bit of blue around the edges as it looked a bit empty there.



Originally I had planned on cutting off a bit of the panel and adhering it to black card stock for a bit of contrast but decided against that. Instead I went for a bit of gold thread wrapped around the
bottom. The sentiment I stamped on a small stitched label I had cut out and placed over the gold thread. It didn't end up looking the way I wanted so I tied a small bow using the same gold thread and added that to the label. For one last finishing touch, I also added a few sequins from the Sunshine On The Daisies mix.



That's it from this tired (but already a bit lighter) crafty gal.

Happy crafting from Erica

Love and Laughter,
 

Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Design Team Call

Hello Crafty and Cardmaking Friends! Kennedy Grace Creations is super excited to announce our second ever Design Team (DT) Call!!!
We are looking for crafty DT members that are creative, kind, reliable, energetic, hardworking and passionate about stamping, diecutting, cardmaking & paper crafting! Must also be active on various social media sites (FB and/or IG) and have a current crafty blog. 
 The DT members will be asked to create three projects per month. Products must showcase the Kennedy Grace product line and creations can be any sort of paper craft. I.e.; handmade cards, postcards, albums, journals, boxes, etc.
Design Team Requirements
•   Must love Kennedy Grace Products. We are a company that produces clear photopolymer stamps, creative dies, and sequins. (Bonus if you're a floral and sequin lover, as that is what our brand focuses on!)
•   Have the ability to meet tri-monthly deadlines.
•   Have active Social Media (Instagram &/or Facebook and an active blog mandatory) …

Spreading Kindess card

Hello everyone, Erica on the blog today!

I don't know about you but I've been quite saddened to see so much hatred, friends attacking friends and general unkindness going around lately. Regardless of your political/religious/personal beliefs I think we can all do better with keeping it a bit civilised and perhaps doing less talking and more actions. With that in mind I made this card with a positive message to send out some positive karma into the world.

















Using an A2 panel cut out from Ranger Ink water colour paper, I dusted it generously with my anti-static tool as I was going to heat emboss the gorgeous Just A Rose stamp set. I started by stamping it in the middle with VersaMark ink and dusting it with white embossing powder, also from Ranger Ink. Using a mask I already had, I stamped it again on both sides to create a rose bush border, before adding and setting the embossing powder with my heat tool.

Using a sentiment from Mama Elephant's 'Butterfly Kisses' I st…

Happy Owl-idays!

Hello, everyone! Rachel here with you today!

I'm loving the cute little critters that are going to be coming up in a new release and I think you're going to love them, too. I have a clean and simple creation using a new owl image for you today.


I started my card by masking off a small strip on the right hand side of the card and then blending purple and pink inks into the strip to create an ombre effect. After it had dried, I used a stencil and some texture paste to create my falling snow. I carefully removed my masking paper and then let the texture paste dry.

While I waited, I colored my little owl image and used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut him out. (Have I mentioned lately how much I hate fussy cutting?) When I was sure the card was dry, I used my MISTI to line up my sentiment and stamped it in a bold, black ink. I used some foam tape to adhere my little own beside my sentiment and my card was done!

Thanks for joining me today!




Hand Lettered Holiday Neenah Solar White 80 …