Sunday, March 5, 2017

Vintage Rose Birthday Card


Hello, Erica on the Kennedy Grace Creations blog today.

I reached for my favorite stamp, Beautiful Bloom Sweet Rose, it is such a stunning flower and I absolutely love it.

On a panel I had previously cut out using a stitched rectangle die in Strathmore Bristol Vellum water colour paper, I dusted lots of anti-static powder all over it and with VersaMark I stamped the first image just off the top right corner. I covered it with white embossing powder and used the heat gun to set the powder. Then I covered it with a mask and repositioned the stamp to add lots of the little blooms that poke out from the big flower. I did this twice on my main flower and then finally added one last one in the top left cover, this one I only stamped to show about half.

Once they were all stamped and heat embossed, I got my Zig markers out and chose Light Pink and Blush to create a soft, vintage look for the blooms and some greens for the leaves. When I colour with Zig markers, I always keep one of those paint brushes that are filled with water on hand as well as some tissues/kitchen roll to mop up any excess water or colour. Or to fix any messes I make.













I'm running low on birthday cards so I thought I'd best make the sentiment for this one 'Happy Birthday' and there is a very pretty font one in the stamp set which I went with. This I stamped up and heat embossed with rose gold embossing powder to go with the background card stock I decided to frame the panel with. I tend to put my cards together with foam tape to add height and dimension, and I did that here.

I didn't want to overcrowd the card too much with other stuff as I wanted to keep the focus on the colouring but a few sequins are never wrong. Right? Well, unfortunately I couldn't decide on which ones I wanted to use.... I might need an opinon: clear or rose gold? What do you think?






















I honestly couldn't pick so for now, I have kept it simple and here is the final card (for now anyway)




Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Erica, this is just stunning! Such beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for those wonderful words, Teresa! I'm so glad you like the card!

    ReplyDelete