Skip to main content

Splendid Roses birthday card


Hello, hello!

Erica back on the blog today with a card you might recognise a little bit. If you don't, check out my last couple of cards over here on this blog post and you will see how one stamped panel has now ended up being three different cards.

This card is basically the coloured version of those two cards. If you don't have time to check out my last post I stamped up lots of Splendid Roses on a slightly larger than an A2 panel and then I foiled it as well as used the negative piece for a second card. As I had a big stamped panel ready to go, I decided to colour it in using my Zig markers. To make it really colourful, I used a different colour for each one of the flowers. It's only the small buds that are the same colour. Oh and the leaves too.




I managed to smudge the colours a little bit in the space between the flowers and leaves so I thought I'd colour that too to make the coloured blooms really pop. At first I toyed with the idea of starting out dark around the edges and go lighter towards the middle but scrapped that idea pretty fast. Due to more smudging... Yep, it wasn't my best idea but at this point I was committed so I just kept on going until all the white space was covered with the black.

To add some interest to the panel I decided to use some dies directly on it. I used the Dotted Ovals creative dies from Studio Katia but decided against popping any of them up off the actual card. They are all flat and apart from the sentiment, which is raised just a tiny, tiny but, this would quality as a one-layer card. I don't tend to do those very often. I'm more of a 'let's go to town' kind of gal, me.



The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from Beautiful Blooms-Sweet Rose and I stamped it in black ink on a thin strip of white card stock. I also added a bit of black card stock behind this and trimmed it down so it is just enough to frame it but doesn't take up too much space on the actual card. This whole shebang was glued down on a black card base but I had also trimmed down the panel enough to leave a thin strip of black showing on each side. I think this frames the card nicely without adding anything fussy.

Surprisingly, I yet again decided against sequins. I am as shocked as you must be! That's two (technically three) cards in a row without sequins...! I ought to go to the doctor and get checked out as usually it's bling overload when I'm involved. Maybe I should be worried??

That's it from me today but I will be back before you know it!

Happy crafting from Erica

Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Heidi on the blog today

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well!  Today I have my third and last guest design post for you all.  For this fun and colorful card I stamped one of the pretty flowers from the “Grace’s Little Note” stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations with Memento’s “Rich Cocoa” ink on Copic friendly paper. After coloring all of the flowers with my Copic Markers I used a black Copic Multiliner 0.3 on the hearts of the flowers and created some white lines on the flowers and the leaves to make them more interesting to look at, using a white Gelly Roll pen.   The background was created very easily by stamping one of the sentiments from the “Grace’s Little Note’s” stamp set repeatedly on some crème coloured linen textured card stock. The same sentiment was used on the vellum part with black ink. If you would like to know more about how I made this card and what exact colours I used then you can go over to my website for more details: http://www. mak...

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. ...
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed i...