Skip to main content

A bright Thank You note


Hello everyone and hello July! Yikes, who else is in total disbelief that we are over halfway through 2017 already?? Come on now, show of hands, I can't be the only one surely?

This month I'm going to focus on Thank You notes as we will be moving next month and I want to make sure I say a proper thank you to everyone that already has and those who will be giving us a hand with various tasks as well as have made our time in Denmark lovely.

One of my favourite flowers are dark pink peonies and I used these as a colour reference when I did the colouring for this card, even though the stamp itself if technically a rose. Just bear with me on this.

As I planned on using my Zig markers again I got my Strathmore Bristol Vellum water colour card stock out and cut a smallish rectangle using a die from Avery Elle which has a cute stitched pattern around the edges. I dusted it generously with my anti-static tool and then stamped the Just a Rose on the left side in VersaMark ink before getting my white embossing powder out. After it was set with my heat tool I got my Zigs out and sat down to colour.

For the petals I used Dark Pink and Sugared Almond Pink which I blended together to create a dark outer petal and with a watercolour brush I gently smoothed the colour towards the base of the petal. This process isn't exactly fast but the results are definitely worth it if I may say so myself. My husband declared this my 'best colouring ever' with a slightly surprising tone of voice. It's not much of a compliment if he's that surprised though, is it?? ;-)



Armed with my Yellow Green and Light Green markers I coloured in the leaves too and the stamens in the middle are done with a mixture of Bright Yellow and Yellow. The yellow middle I blended out into the central petals a little bit to give it a very natural look.

As this is going to be a Thank You card I used the label sentiments that come with the stamp set and stamped it with Altenew Coral Berry ink, which unfortunately smudged a bit as I stamped it twice to make it really opaque. I should have stopped at one stamp but got greedy and wanted a more solid image. My bad.

This card is quite small, it's only 3"x4", but I'm hoping it will be big enough to say what I need to say to my friends. Maybe my next post will be a bigger card!


That's it from me for today,

Happy crafting from Erica


Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Design Team Call

Hello Crafty and Cardmaking Friends! Kennedy Grace Creations is super excited to announce our second ever Design Team (DT) Call!!!
We are looking for crafty DT members that are creative, kind, reliable, energetic, hardworking and passionate about stamping, diecutting, cardmaking & paper crafting! Must also be active on various social media sites (FB and/or IG) and have a current crafty blog. 
 The DT members will be asked to create three projects per month. Products must showcase the Kennedy Grace product line and creations can be any sort of paper craft. I.e.; handmade cards, postcards, albums, journals, boxes, etc.
Design Team Requirements
•   Must love Kennedy Grace Products. We are a company that produces clear photopolymer stamps, creative dies, and sequins. (Bonus if you're a floral and sequin lover, as that is what our brand focuses on!)
•   Have the ability to meet tri-monthly deadlines.
•   Have active Social Media (Instagram &/or Facebook and an active blog mandatory) …

Spreading Kindess card

Hello everyone, Erica on the blog today!

I don't know about you but I've been quite saddened to see so much hatred, friends attacking friends and general unkindness going around lately. Regardless of your political/religious/personal beliefs I think we can all do better with keeping it a bit civilised and perhaps doing less talking and more actions. With that in mind I made this card with a positive message to send out some positive karma into the world.

















Using an A2 panel cut out from Ranger Ink water colour paper, I dusted it generously with my anti-static tool as I was going to heat emboss the gorgeous Just A Rose stamp set. I started by stamping it in the middle with VersaMark ink and dusting it with white embossing powder, also from Ranger Ink. Using a mask I already had, I stamped it again on both sides to create a rose bush border, before adding and setting the embossing powder with my heat tool.

Using a sentiment from Mama Elephant's 'Butterfly Kisses' I st…

Happy Owl-idays!

Hello, everyone! Rachel here with you today!

I'm loving the cute little critters that are going to be coming up in a new release and I think you're going to love them, too. I have a clean and simple creation using a new owl image for you today.


I started my card by masking off a small strip on the right hand side of the card and then blending purple and pink inks into the strip to create an ombre effect. After it had dried, I used a stencil and some texture paste to create my falling snow. I carefully removed my masking paper and then let the texture paste dry.

While I waited, I colored my little owl image and used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut him out. (Have I mentioned lately how much I hate fussy cutting?) When I was sure the card was dry, I used my MISTI to line up my sentiment and stamped it in a bold, black ink. I used some foam tape to adhere my little own beside my sentiment and my card was done!

Thanks for joining me today!




Hand Lettered Holiday Neenah Solar White 80 …