Skip to main content

Scrappy Notes

Hi there.  Its Karen on the blog today and I have some little note cards to share.

I don't know about you but I actually don't like scraps and find it hard to keep little bits. I think its the Virgo coming out in me and scraps are just not tidy.  That said as I was cleaning my little box where I pop bits and pieces, unfinished cards and things I haven't used because I either A. Change my mind B. Don't like it at the time or C.  Have no idea where I was going with it or D. Stuffed up the stamping.  Whilst doing this I discovered some Kennedy Grace flowers stamped and not coloured and some little pieces of gingham paper along with a couple of die cuts that were cut to test out the Scalloped Rectangle die.

I lay these out on my desk and made some little note cards to write a message on rather than using a sticky note.  The Scalloped Rectangles I folded in half to form a lovely edge for the card base. The gingham I cut to fit just inside the stitching line and coloured up the images and cut them to size.  Finishing up with adding a few little sequins. I should just add that these measure 2" x 3" in size.

So not only did I use up some scraps but I made something useful.  I have told myself that I should make more of these.



Love and Laughter,
  Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Heidi on the blog today

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well!  Today I have my third and last guest design post for you all.  For this fun and colorful card I stamped one of the pretty flowers from the “Grace’s Little Note” stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations with Memento’s “Rich Cocoa” ink on Copic friendly paper. After coloring all of the flowers with my Copic Markers I used a black Copic Multiliner 0.3 on the hearts of the flowers and created some white lines on the flowers and the leaves to make them more interesting to look at, using a white Gelly Roll pen.   The background was created very easily by stamping one of the sentiments from the “Grace’s Little Note’s” stamp set repeatedly on some crème coloured linen textured card stock. The same sentiment was used on the vellum part with black ink. If you would like to know more about how I made this card and what exact colours I used then you can go over to my website for more details: http://www. mak...

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. ...
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed i...