Skip to main content

Birthday blessings - October Mood Board

Hello!
It's Donna here, and I'm very excited to be joining the Kennedy Grace Creations family as a Design team member. It really has felt like a family right from the start, and it's a blessing to be a part of it.
Just briefly, I thought I'd tell you a little about myself.
  • I live in a beautiful rural part of Southern Australia, which is probably not the Australia that you imagine. The weather here is frequently cold, although summer can be incredibly hot, and bushfires are always a concern. For most of the year the scenery looks more like England than the rest of Australia.
  • I love to garden, and spend a lot of my time growing food for our family. We have bees, chickens, sheep, vegetables and fruit trees, and a very full freezer!
  • I am a teacher, teaching both music (piano) and Japanese from home.
  • I am a Christian and love to be involved with our local church. You can often find me playing piano and singing in the services.
  • I play the oboe.
  • I have three children, aged in their teens and slightly above, and a keeper of a husband.
  • I try to live zero waste, creating as little waste as I can.
So, I hope that you feel that you know me a little better. Now, onto the main event - this month's Mood Board! Isn't it gorgeous!

I have created a set of four cards to highlight the Mood Board.

I started out making just one card, but I wasn't quite happy with it, so I created another variation, and another and yet another until I was happy with one. Funnily enough, when I looked at them in the morning, I quite liked them all!





Firstly, I used the lovely crocus image from the Friendship Blessings stamp set. Isn't it gorgeous?

I  stamped the images in black ink and heat embossed them in clear, changing the arrangement just a little each time. Because I was using Watercolour paper, I had to stamp more than once to get a clear impression. 
I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Hag's Wart Orange for the flowers. I added the teeniest amount with the tip of a pin, and then sprayed the paper with clean water, facing the spray towards the top of the page, so that any overspray moved the ink towards the top of the page. The leaves were coloured with the same process, but I used Ken Oliver Color Burst in Lime Green. I had to be very careful not to re-wet the orange portion of the cards, or the blend of colours was a mucky brown (as you can see in a few places!)

This next card below is the one I decided I was finally happy with. I like the paler colours, and the flyaway look of the sky. 
I finished off three of the cards with the beautiful new sequins from Kennedy Grace Creations new release. This selection is called Chantilly Cream, and it goes so well with every colour. The different sizes of the sequins add interest.


What a long post this has been! I'll leave you with a couple of close ups of the cards I made. I hope that you have been inspired to try something new, and get the most out of these lovely stamps.


Until next time, may your days be filled with flowers!

Blessings,
Donna


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Layered Card - Featuring Kennedy Grace Creations: Time To Blossom

Hey folks! I'm back to share a card from the Kennedy Grace Creations New Release! The stamp set I used today is the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . I really enjoyed the simplicity of this set. You could totally heat emboss this and do some fabulous watercoloring, but Copic's seems to be the way to go for me lately so that's what I did. I started by stamping the image twice on my card panel. The only masking I did was a tiny bit on the stem. The name of the game was to keep this super simple folks. As I said, I colored the images with Copic's. Another thing I enjoy about the Time To Blossom Stamp Set is that you could choose any colors you wanted. I chose red-violets and yellow-greens, but seriously peeps, whatever floats your boat and it will looks great! To finish off my card, I used a added a couple of hand drawn lines to the background and I stamped a portion of a stamp that is also in the Time To Blossom Stamp Set . That's it! Easy peasy. T

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. All you have to d
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I colored her in with Tombow watercolor markers.  I then added some wink of Stella over the hat band and hair bands to make them pop.  I stamped several of the pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mushrooms coloring them all the same way. I then cut som