Skip to main content

Loving Mom with color pencils

Loving Mom colored card is a project that I made using one of my favorites stamp sets and colored with a mix of color pencils and ink. First take a look at my card that then I will share with you my tips:


I started worked on this card by stamp the big lili flower with a light ink and masking technique over a whisper white layer of cardstock. I used the Memento Desert Sand ink and I first stamped the flower of the center and then the laterals. The last one was the small. I used the masking technique to keep the individual design of each flower and don't overlap the petals and make the coloring process more interesting.


I colored with different tones of blue and violet, some yellows, green and brown of Prismacolor Premier Color Pencils, this blend perfect and produce very brilliant tones. When I was totally satisfied with the coloring, I covered again the flowers with the masking pieces that I created at the initial step and sponged the lower part with Distress Ink Hickory Smoke.


On top, I just stamped one of the sentiments included on the stamp set Loving Mom using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and to finalize the card I resized the layer and pasted over an Elegant Eggplant card base. To embellish it I added some sequins from the Kindness Medley Sequins Collection from Kennedy Grace.

I hope my project inspires you to combine your inks with color pencils!

See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Heidi on the blog today

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well!  Today I have my third and last guest design post for you all.  For this fun and colorful card I stamped one of the pretty flowers from the “Grace’s Little Note” stamp set from Kennedy Grace Creations with Memento’s “Rich Cocoa” ink on Copic friendly paper. After coloring all of the flowers with my Copic Markers I used a black Copic Multiliner 0.3 on the hearts of the flowers and created some white lines on the flowers and the leaves to make them more interesting to look at, using a white Gelly Roll pen.   The background was created very easily by stamping one of the sentiments from the “Grace’s Little Note’s” stamp set repeatedly on some crème coloured linen textured card stock. The same sentiment was used on the vellum part with black ink. If you would like to know more about how I made this card and what exact colours I used then you can go over to my website for more details: http://www. mak...

Grand Opening Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends! Wow it has been a long time in coming but today is our official GRAND OPENING!  We are so exited for today!! We have been planning this for a very long time and can't wait to show you.  We have lined up some of the MOST AMAZING talented ladies in the crafting world on our hop today!  We hope you will enjoy all the amazing projects they will be sharing! Our Newest release is now available in the Kennedy Grace Creations Online Store.  https://squareup.com/store/kennedy-grace-creations What I created for the hop is this beautiful card. Metallics on cards is beautiful and I like the combination of it with flowers. I am using the brand new Beautiful Blooms Sweet Rose stamps set. It is a large rose stamp set with various sentiments.  It is so detailed and very pretty.  To celebrate our GRAND OPENING - Kennedy Grace Creations will be giving away 3 random winners $25.00 gift certificates to our Online Store. ...
Welcome to the CDD Stamp & Die Release Blog Hop.    All stamps & Dies are in the  CDD Shop  and no w available for purchase. You may purchase stamps and dies here   Autumn Wishes Bundle The Autumn Wishes Bundle is available for this weekend only thru Sunday.  This special price is for what is in stock only and ends 8/30 10pm MST. We also have 3 new sequins                                                      Here's what I've created for you... I created for you this really cute scarecrow garden scene card.  I stamped the adorable girly scarecrow from the Autumn Wishes stamp set on to watercolor paper in Versafine ink and embossed i...