Saturday, December 17, 2016

Happy Owl-idays!

Hello, everyone! Rachel here with you today!

I'm loving the cute little critters that are going to be coming up in a new release and I think you're going to love them, too. I have a clean and simple creation using a new owl image for you today.


I started my card by masking off a small strip on the right hand side of the card and then blending purple and pink inks into the strip to create an ombre effect. After it had dried, I used a stencil and some texture paste to create my falling snow. I carefully removed my masking paper and then let the texture paste dry.

While I waited, I colored my little owl image and used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut him out. (Have I mentioned lately how much I hate fussy cutting?) When I was sure the card was dry, I used my MISTI to line up my sentiment and stamped it in a bold, black ink. I used some foam tape to adhere my little own beside my sentiment and my card was done!

Thanks for joining me today!




2 comments:

  1. Cute critters are right up my alley! Adorable card! Can't wait to see your new release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie and your card is excellent! Love the design of the strip of color, bold scripty sentiment, with texture too! The cute owl takes centerstage and I love that!

    ReplyDelete